How to use the tycho-nexus-unzip plugin?
Mickael Istria
2012-11-14 08:30:50 UTC
Hi all,

I heard that tycho-nexus-unzip plugin for Nexus was recently put into
Tycho codebase [1] [2]. I'm highly interested in using since it would
remove a big piece of the publishing process we currently have to deal with.
However, I could not find a documentaion on how to use it.
My general questions are:
Jeff MAURY
2012-11-14 08:38:42 UTC
Anders Hammar
2012-11-14 09:10:42 UTC
If I understand the question correctly there are two parts to this:

* The Nexus unpack plugin. It used to be a Nexus Pro plugin but I think it
is now (or is planned to be) open sourced. It's not installed by default
but you need to install it.
https://github.com/sonatype/nexus-unpack-plugin

* You then need to create a zip (or similar) as part of your tycho build
that is uploaded to a special Nexus Url. Have a look at the feature-build
profile in this parent pom:
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=io/tesla/tycho/tycho-support/0.0.6/tycho-support-0.0.6.pom
For a working example have a look at this project:
https://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-egit

/Anders
Sievers, Jan
2012-11-14 09:34:48 UTC
it's in an early stage right now (no release done yet, no official builds) , but here is some info

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Nexus_Unzip_Plugin

yes, mvn deploy is enough.
yes, from a consumer you reference the repo via URL to virtual unzip repo

Jan

*
Anders Hammar

Oberlies, Tobias
2012-11-14 13:17:27 UTC
There are two different Nexus plug-ins that can be used to achieve an overall similar workflow:

* The Nexus Unzip Plugin<http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Nexus_Unzip_Plugin> (provided by the Eclipse Tycho project), and

* The Nexus Unpack Plugin (provided by Sonatype on Github<https://github.com/sonatype/nexus-unpack-plugin>).

I would recommend to use the former because I think it is superior to the latter in certain details, e.g. in the support for SNAPSHOTS.

Regards
Tobias