how to use a local p2 repository?
oliver_tech
2011-05-24 01:28:54 UTC
hi,everyone

i am new to tycho,and i have built the tycho demo successfully.But when i change my working envrionment ,which cant connect to the internet,it failed to build because cant reach to the p2 repository

<repositories>
<repository>
<id>helios</id>
<layout>p2</layout>
<url>http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios</url>
</repository>
</repositories>

i wonder how to make a proxy like nexus to maven,so that i can use tycho offline?

thank you very much!

2011-05-24

oliver_tech
Stefan Weber
2011-05-24 07:25:05 UTC
Hi Oliver,

i'm working on our eclipse projects with 5 collegues. So we had the same issue (no bandwidth for always downloading).
For this reason i downloaded every eclipse package/install i needed (e.g. RCP, JEE, WTP, Delta Pack etc.) and put it into one eclipse folder. After that i created a site.xml containing all features from the merged packages (I have a tool for this [1]).
oliver_tech
2011-05-24 08:54:41 UTC
thank you very much,Stefan!

that is very useful for me!

expecting your article!

2011-05-24

oliver_tech

·¢ŒþÈË£º Stefan Weber
·¢ËÍʱŒä£º 2011-05-24 15:25:12
ÊÕŒþÈË£º tycho-user
³­ËÍ£º
Ö÷Ì⣺ Re: [tycho-user] [tycho-user] how to use a local p2 repository?

Hi Oliver,
i'm working on our eclipse projects with 5 collegues. So we had the same issue (no bandwidth for always downloading).
For this reason i downloaded every eclipse package/install i needed (e.g. RCP, JEE, WTP, Delta Pack etc.) and put it into one eclipse folder. After that i created a site.xml containing all features from the merged packages (I have a tool for this [1]). From this merged site.xml i ran the eclipse p2 publisher:
java -jar plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_*.jar
-nosplash -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.UpdateSitePublisher
-metadataRepository file:/<location_where_the_repository_will_be_created>
-artifactRepository file:/<location_where_the_repository_will_be_created>
-source <the_eclipse_installation_directory_for_which_the_p2_repository_will_be_created>
-compress -publishArtifacts -addJREIU
After this you have a fully functional eclipse p2 mirror for all the packages you downloaded. You can add it to your repository location with e.g. 'file://c:/repo'
P.S. i'm currently working on a blog post describing this procedure in detail. I will let you know about this when i'm finished.
[1] https://github.com/sweber/EclipseToMavenTooling
Regards
Stefan

i am new to tycho,and i have built the tycho demo successfully.But when=
i change my working envrionment ,which cant connect to the internet,it f=
ailed to build because cant reach to the p2 repository
Post by oliver_tech
=20
=20
=20
helios
p2
http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios
=20
=20
=20
i wonder how to make a proxy like nexus to maven,so that i can use tych=
o offline?
Post by oliver_tech
=20
thank you very much!
=20
2011-05-24=20
=20
=20
=20
oliver_tech=20
=20
Stefan Weber
2011-05-24 12:36:11 UTC
Hi,

you can find the article here:
http://s-weber.blogspot.com/2011/05/tycho-creating-eclipse-p2-mirror.html

Any comments and suggestions are welcome!

Regards
Stefan

oliver_tech
2011-05-25 02:58:06 UTC
thank you!

2011-05-25

oliver_tech

发件人 Stefan Weber
发送时闎 2011-05-24 20:36:16
收件人 tycho-user
抄送
䞻题 Re: [tycho-user] how to use a local p2 repository?

Hi,
you can find the article here:
http://s-weber.blogspot.com/2011/05/tycho-creating-eclipse-p2-mirror.html
Any comments and suggestions are welcome!
Regards
Stefan
Ö÷Ì⣺ Re: [tycho-user] [tycho-user] how to use a local p2 repository?
Hi Oliver,
i'm working on our eclipse projects with 5 collegues. So we had the same issue (no bandwidth for always downloading).
java -jar plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_*.jar
-nosplash -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.UpdateSitePublisher
-metadataRepository file:/
-artifactRepository file:/
-source