Exception parsing OSGi MANIFEST
titimoby
2015-03-18 13:50:13 UTC
Hi,

I have an issue that I downsized to the attached sample code.
I build a feature, with a single plugin.

feature.xml file contains those lines:

<plugin
id="bcprov"
download-size="0"
install-size="0"
version="0.0.0"
unpack="false"/>

and pom.xml has:

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.bouncycastle</groupId>
<artifactId>bcprov-jdk15</artifactId>
<version>1.46</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

when launching mvn clean, I got this error:

[ERROR] Internal error:
org.eclipse.tycho.core.osgitools.OsgiManifestParserException: Exception
parsing OSGi MANIFEST
/home/thierry/.m2/repository/org/bouncycastle/bcprov-jdk15/1.46/bcprov-jdk15-1.46.jar!/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:
Unknown OSGi execution environment: 'JavaSE-1.5' -> [Help 1]

Looking at https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Execution_Environments , I tried
several things like ading:

<executionEnvironmentDefault>JavaSE-1.5</executionEnvironmentDefault>

to the target-platform-configration.
But still this issue.

Any idea of modifications I can try?

Thanks,

Thierry
Marco Lehmann-Mörz
2015-03-18 13:58:57 UTC
Hi Thierry

JavaSE-1.5 has to be J2SE-1.5

This is clearly stated at
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Execution_Environments.

HTH,
Marco
Tschö Marco
titimoby
2015-03-18 14:02:44 UTC
I do not choose what is inside the Manifest of Bcprov, this is a public
artifact.
Do you mean, I need to use J2SE-1.5 in my executionEnvironmentDefault
element?
Post by Marco Lehmann-Mörz
Hi Thierry
JavaSE-1.5 has to be J2SE-1.5
This is clearly stated at
titimoby
2015-03-18 14:05:41 UTC
Using J2SE-1.5 solved my issue.
Looks I tried to understand what seems to be difficult and failed to read a
simple thing like this.

RTFM to myself but RTFM good ;)
Post by titimoby
I do not choose what is inside the Manifest of Bcprov, this is a public
artifact.
Do you mean, I need to use J2SE-1.5 in my executionEnvironmentDefault
element?
Post by Marco Lehmann-Mörz
Hi Thierry
JavaSE-1.5 has to be J2SE-1.5
This is clearly stated at
Marco Lehmann-Mörz
2015-03-18 14:06:11 UTC
Well, give it a try, but it may fail nevertheless.
May be its better to raise a bug against bcprov.

Marco
Post by titimoby
I do not choose what is inside the Manifest of Bcprov, this is a public
artifact.
Do you mean, I need to use J2SE-1.5 in my executionEnvironmentDefault
element?
Post by Marco Lehmann-Mörz
Hi Thierry
JavaSE-1.5 has to be J2SE-1.5
This is clearly stated at
Tschö Marco
titimoby
2015-03-18 14:08:04 UTC
You are right, I'll try to file something to them and discuss this point.
Post by titimoby
I do not choose what is inside the Manifest of Bcprov, this is a public
artifact.
Do you mean, I need to use J2SE-1.5 in my executionEnvironmentDefault
element?
Post by Marco Lehmann-Mörz
Hi Thierry
JavaSE-1.5 has to be J2SE-1.5
This is clearly stated at
titimoby
2015-03-18 14:40:23 UTC
I'll check with BoucyCastle team, because you are right,
the <executionEnvironmentDefault>J2SE-1.5</executionEnvironmentDefault>
doesn't solved my issue.

The Manifest in my local bcprov-jdk15-1.46 jar had been modified meanwhile
to test another way to fix this.
Using Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6 was also wrong but at
least it made the previous maven error disappear.

I'll see how to fix with Bouncycastle to:
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5
Post by titimoby
I do not choose what is inside the Manifest of Bcprov, this is a public
artifact.
Do you mean, I need to use J2SE-1.5 in my executionEnvironmentDefault
element?
Post by Marco Lehmann-Mörz
Hi Thierry
JavaSE-1.5 has to be J2SE-1.5