[tycho-user] When I add p2 site created to the Target Platform modifies the Manifest file
Mariano Gastón Camarzana
2018-01-09 18:31:41 UTC
Hello, I recently migrated an Eclipse 3.7 application to Eclipse 4.7 using
the compatibility layer which works correctly. The system that migrates
consists of several modules and has several folders containing the set of
libraries to be used and the Target Platform points to these folders. When
I added Tycho I realized that it does not support the Directory,
Installation and Features types, so it was necessary to generate a p2 site
that contains all the libraries to be able to add it to the Target
Platform. After investigating I concluded that the p2-maven-plugin tool was
a good option to mavenize the project and create the p2 site because jars
that are NOT osgi bundles will be "bundled" using bnd tool.
After removing all the errors I could deploy the project generating
repository folders, products, etc. but when I wanted to execute the
application it gave me a timeout error, that's why I found out by running
the application from the Eclipse IDE in Debug Mode that Spring Context is
not loaded.
When I add the created p2 site to the target platform and inspecting the
org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint bundle, the Maniffest file is modified and no
longer has the attribute Bundle-Activator:
org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.
boot. ChainActivator. On the other hand, I have an Activator class
extending AbstractUIPlugin class that start the plugin and since the
manifest does not have that attribute, it does not follow the normal flow
of execution.

Best Regards.