Problem satisfying a manifest dependency
Daniel Warzecha
2012-04-13 08:15:30 UTC
Hello,

I have problems satisfying a manifest dependency to a 3rd party
library, or rather 3rd party Eclipse plugin (I think)
The library in question is org.eclipse.bpmn2 v0.7.0 . I have the
dependency in my manifest, and tried to put it into the local Maven
repository. But Tycho (or whatever translates the manifest
dependencies) doesn't seem to find it.

How do I install a 3rd party Eclipse Plugin into the local Maven
Repository so that Tycho can find it? "Normal" 3rd party libraries are
installed with install:install, but that doesn't seem to help. Or
maybe I am using it wrong and give the wrong GAV parameters?

I am at my wit's end here.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel W.
Daniel Warzecha
2012-04-13 12:52:20 UTC
Hello,

this is my Maven output using -e -X:

[INFO] Resolving target platform for project MavenProject:
testPlugin:testSource:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT @
/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/testPlugin/workspace/testSource/pom.xml
[DEBUG] P2resolver.addMavenProject
testPlugin:testSource:eclipse-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
[DEBUG] P2Resolver: artifact testPlugin:testSource:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
resolves installable unit testSource/1.0.0.qualifier
[DEBUG] P2Resolver: artifact testPlugin:testSource:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
resolves installable unit testSource/1.0.0.qualifier
[DEBUG] P2resolver.addMavenProject
testPlugin:testTest:eclipse-test-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
[DEBUG] P2Resolver: artifact testPlugin:testTest:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
resolves installable unit testTest/1.0.0.qualifier
[DEBUG] P2Resolver: artifact testPlugin:testTest:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
resolves installable unit testTest/1.0.0.qualifier
[DEBUG] P2resolver.addMavenProject testPlugin:testParent:pom:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Cannot complete the request. Generating details.
[INFO] Cannot complete the request. Generating details.
[INFO] {org.osgi.framework.executionenvironment=OSGi/Minimum-1.0,OSGi/Minimum-1.1,
osgi.ws=gtk, osgi.arch=x86, osgi.os=linux,
org.eclipse.update.install.features=true,
org.osgi.framework.system.packages=}
[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR] Software being installed: testSource 1.0.0.qualifier
[ERROR] Missing requirement: testSource 1.0.0.qualifier requires
'bundle org.eclipse.bpmn2 0.7.0' but it could not be found
[ERROR]

What request cannot be completed? How can I get more verbose messages?
For example, it would be very helpful to know what the request is or
rather what Maven was looking for? Is this a Tycho message? Or Maven?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel W.

Daniel W.
Paul Webster
2012-04-13 13:00:19 UTC
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Daniel Warzecha
Post by Daniel Warzecha
[INFO] Cannot complete the request. Generating details.
[INFO] Cannot complete the request. Generating details.
[INFO]
{org.osgi.framework.executionenvironment=OSGi/Minimum-1.0,OSGi/Minimum-1.1,
osgi.ws=gtk, osgi.arch=x86, osgi.os=linux,
org.eclipse.update.install.features=true,
org.osgi.framework.system.packages=}
[ERROR] Software being installed: testSource 1.0.0.qualifier
[ERROR] Missing requirement: testSource 1.0.0.qualifier requires
'bundle org.eclipse.bpmn2 0.7.0' but it could not be found
[ERROR]
This looks like a message from the p2 resolver used by tycho. In order to
consume org.eclipse.bpmn2 you need to include a p2 repository that contains
it. AFAIK tycho won't use maven dependencies to find anything, only p2
repositories.

Later,
PW
--
Paul Webster
Hi floor. Make me a sammich! - GIR
Daniel Warzecha
2012-04-13 13:16:58 UTC
Hello,

thank you for your help. As the org.eclipse.bpmn2 library 0.7.0 isn't
contained in any p2 repository I know of, how would I create my own p2
repository containing the library?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel W.
Paul Webster
2012-04-13 13:34:05 UTC
This says there's an update site:
http://download.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/site/

If that doesn't have it, I see it at
http://download.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/bpmn2/site

Later,
PW
Daniel Warzecha
2012-04-13 13:53:53 UTC
Hello,

thank you, I only knew the first of the two update sites. It seems to work now.

Thank you,
Daniel W.